With 20+ years of manufacturing experience behind him, Robert “Bud” Pendarvis, founded Pendarvis Manufacturing in early 1982. The original shop had 1 knee mill, a manual lathe, a small radial arm drill and 2 weld stations. Bud had honed his skills in the world of Aerospace manufacturing with an emphasis on welding. Bud had quite the reputation around town too. At one time “Back in the day” all 4 of Bud’s son were part of the company. His 3rd son, Brian, came onboard full-time in the spring of 1985 after being Honorably discharged from the US ARMY in March of 1984. In the late 1990’s, Brian slowly took over the day-to-day management of the company and grew the company to +- 25 employees and the range of $4.5 million in annual sales. Fast forward to the spring of 2014 and Brian took over the ownership of the company from his father. We currently work out of 15,000+ square feet of manufacturing space.
We attribute our success to being grounded in the Christian principles of humility, honesty, integrity, respect, kindness and a sense of social responsibility. We create eternal value by striving to honor God in all we do. This is reflected in how we conduct our business and how we care for our employees – our greatest asset.
We have over:
- 145 years of combined experience in welding
- 200 years of combined experience in fabrication
- 100 years of combined experience in design
- 200 years of combined experience in machining
- 130 years of combined experience in inspection
- 108 years of combined experience in quality control
- 40 years of combined experience in CAD/CAM programming utilizing Surfcam and Mastercam.
As noted above Pendarvis Manufacturing Los Angeles has an extensive array of in-house machining equipment, including:
CNC Machinery at our Anaheim Jobshop:
- Hurco VMX50 Vertical Mill with 4th Axis capability and 50" by 26" by 24" envelope
- Hurco VMX42 Vertical Mill with 4th Axis capability and 42" by 24" by 24" envelope
- Hurco VM3 Vertical Mill with an envelope of 50" by 18" by 18"
- Hurco TM10 Lathe with a 10" chuck
- Whacheon Lathe with 12" chuck
- Femco Durga Lathe with 8" chuck
- 6 MIG and TIG Welding Stations
- Cobramatic Aluminum "Push-Pull" Station
Our Anaheim Manual Machine Shop Equipment:
- Lathe 15" by 120"
- Lathe 12" by 80"
- Vertical Turret Lathe with 50" of swing, and a capacity of 54" round by 24" tall
- 4 Knee Mills
- Automatic Cut-off/Band Saw
- 90 Ton Ironworker
- 1, HYD-MECH Miter saw
Miscellaneous Support Equipment: including fork lifts, a 3 ton bridge crane, and hand grinders.
Pendarvis Manufacturing Los Angeles prides itself in running a flexible shop, one that can quickly and efficiently meet the needs of its customers. Short-run and prototype componentscan sometimes be completed in as little as 2-3 days, with a typical turnaround time for scheduled work being finished in 4-6 weeks, depending on the complexity of the project and any outside processing that may be required. Production quantities from 10 to 5000 can be handled in-house, depending on the size of the component. Along with the machining, welding and metal fabrication services, additional in-house capabilities at Pendarvis Manufacturing include plumbing, hydraulic assembly, electrical wiring, glass-beading, and delivery to the customer’s site. As part of our commitment to be your one-stop machining, welding and fabrication source in Los Angeles, we have developed a group of dependable, reliable vendors that provide additional finishing services. These services include:
|Sandblasting||Special Nickel Plating|
|Heat Treating||Sheet Metal|
|Roll Forming||Punching & Forming|
|Hard Anodizing||Centerless Grinding|
|Precision Laser Cutting||Hard Chrome Plating|
|Blanchard Grinding||Powder & Wet Painting|
Pendarvis Manufacturing provides these comprehensive services to customers that are looking for a complete “turn-key" solution. Contact the Pendarvis Manufacturing team today for help in solving your unique manufacturing challenges.
Our Machine Shop service area includes many areas of greater Los Angeles including:
- Santa Ana
- Yorba Linda
- Newport Beach
- San Diego
- Los Angeles
- Long Beach
- Los Angeles County
- Orange County
- San Bernardino County
- Riverside County
- San Diego County